Monday, March 1, 2010

Blogging, looking for an audience whether you deserve one or not


This is what happens when you've had surgery and become a virtual shut-in for 3 months in the winter in the midwest. You start to talk... to someone, anyone, looking for ways to stay busy beyond sucking my thumb in front of the tv. Now of course, depending on the surgery there are numerous ways to spend your time, but not for me. I have RA, rhuematoid arthritis. To keep this story short when you have surgery all treatment ceases and you become hostage to the process and the pain pills. All RA treatments require immunosuppresants that inhibit healing. Taking that into consideration I am particularly impacted by stress and weather either of which can force a flare up. Short story shorter, it sucks. I can't sew, knit, draw, or cook and that's on a good day. On a bad day, I can barely brush my own teeth, blah arrrgh, grrrrrr. I am not good at being dependent and decided to see if there's anyone out there with ideas. Even reading wears thin after 13 weeks with my foot propped up and swollen hands and shoulders. I also love photography but the bedroom and family room couch have limited shots. I can muster enough energy and dexterity to do a posting most days. As for arthur, he's been my constant companion for over 21 years. I will let you know each posting whether arthur controls my day (1) or I do (10). Today I'm in charge 7.

No comments: