Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm a Ridiculous Lazy Daisy :)

I have been a ridiculously lazy daisy for a week now. First I used the grey, crummy weather as an excuse, it gives arthur license to abuse me :p  Then the sun finally shone and OF COURSE I used the shining skies as my next excuse.  After months of being cooped up in a cast with winter cabin fever I felt entitled. Oh come on, we've all done it :) By the way- Thanks to The English Muse for Mansfield Park by Jane Austen!!! 


But now, ta da, I've finally gotten back in the swing.  I've been furiously cutting out fabric and liner to make 3 roman shades for my son's bedroom and bathroom windows.  We currently have crumbling 19 year old honeycomb shades that were here when we moved in. We've been here 10.5 years and after dutifully cleaning them regularly they've finally separated and we've given them last rites.  My son was trying to keep them together with blue painters tape the last time he was home for the weekend.  So I'm posting pictures including the tape as well as the new fabric. Trust me as soon as I finish the new ones I'll be putting up photos immediately! They have to be done by Easter and hopefully much much sooner.  


arthur hates it when I start a new project.  He likes it much better when I lay around eating bonbons and watching Pride and Prejudice for the 50th time.  (Love that Mr. Darcy... who doesn't!)  Sorry arthur I've let you have way too much time this last week.  Today is mine and its a 6.

3 comments:

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Your husband is still OK with you watching Pride & Prejudice? I think after the 1,573 time my husband started asking, "Isn't there anything else you like to watch?!" lol

kimberj said...

He's obsessed with The Natural so that's my cross to bear ;)

Unknown said...

Sometimes its good to just go with the flow.

Love the fabric and can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm sure you'll wonder why you didn't make them soon, lol.